Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shancopp said:
Just looking at the last page, posts 142 and 148 talk about 08s having trouble too.
Yep.... the 2008 xB has a windshield stress crack problem just like to 1st Gen did. Perhaps the shock tower stiffener should be a stock item?

I have 17,000 miles on my xB (purchased it in April of 2007), and the window cracked in Jan of 08.
The dealer dope traces the crack with a pen and as soon as he felt some resistance he says its a chip. All stress cracks will throw a glass chip when the window flexes.

I saw when the window cracked and it was after a fresh snowfall on a unplowed road with about 6 inches of snow. It seems the uneven driving conditions cause the body to flex too much. Just today another crack appeared just below the first with the same type of curve, both on the driver side from the lower 1/3 of the A pillar.

Perhaps my insurance company will fix the window, but I don't think this is a stone chip problem. The body seems to be flexing and causing the crack. If the insurance company gets wise they won't fix the window. i field a complaint with the Toyota help line and the NTSB. I think my experience may be what's in store for many xB's, but my mileage is a little more than most owners.

bill

bill

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.