Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I decided to drive the xB back to work after going home for lunch & on my way, I start hearing this slapping against the rear driver's side window. I glance back and it looked like one of the window vent visors was hanging off. I pulled over and found that the black rubber molding running along the roof channels from the front to back on the driver's side was half way off and hanging down the side of the car. I don't know if it got too hot and brittle, but some pieces had broken off and it wouldn't stay attached. I taped it up and took it in this morning... just waiting for it to be done.

So, I guess that's something to watch out for...

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
ESP is happening here...xB2 owners are psycho...errr...I mean psychic. I was looking at those black rubber pieces in the roof channels just yesterday wondering if our 100º plus days would do any damage to them. I have to park in the full sun at work, so it's going to be a challenge. Thank you for sharing your experience. It is something to watch for, especially in this heat.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Eric said:
Yesterday I decided to drive the xB back to work after going home for lunch & on my way, I start hearing this slapping against the rear driver's side window. I glance back and it looked like one of the window vent visors was hanging off. I pulled over and found that the black rubber molding running along the roof channels from the front to back on the driver's side was half way off and hanging down the side of the car. I don't know if it got too hot and brittle, but some pieces had broken off and it wouldn't stay attached. I taped it up and took it in this morning... just waiting for it to be done.

So, I guess that's something to watch out for...
Thanks for the quick reply...was the replacement covered by warranty?

Brewski

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.