Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick up my 2008 xB and found that the fog lights will only come on when the headlights are on. I think they are wired incorrectly and am having the dealer check it. I feel like I should be able to turn them on independently of the parking and head lights. Can anyone tell me if their fog lights work independent of their head lights? Were they factory installed?

Other issues with the car were a park pilot beeper that can't be heard and my 4-in1 interior lights did not work under the dash - only in the cupholders.

Any other hints on what to look for when doing a final check before accepting delivery of my xB?

The dealer is Earl Stewart Toyota in Lake Park, Florida

·
Registered
281 Posts
??? why would you want the fog lights on by themselves ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My experience when driving in fog is that regular headlights are reflected back off the fog causing difficulty seeing. The idea of fog lights is to send a lower beam of light that won't affect the driver's vision. Not being able to turn the fog lights on independently of the headlights defeats the whole purpose for installing fog lights in the first place.

So, is everyone's experience that fog lights come wired this way from the factory?

·
Registered
566 Posts
xBnewbie said:
...So, is everyone's experience that fog lights come wired this way from the factory?
Yes. In many (if not most, or even all) states it is illegal to wire them to just the parking lights.

·
Registered
62 Posts
They will work great just as they are wired now. I never had any reflection issues (So Far) and the light is just perfect for all time or during foggy times. You'll love them this way.

Some have wired them up to work with high beams. I don't get the reason. They will switch off when you put on your highs. Enjoy your new car. We all know you will! :yes:

·
Registered
266 Posts
The xB2's projector headlights shouldn't cause any reflection off the fog at eye level. The highs will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts