Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a08 Xb with the premium stereo. I installed a sub and an amp to power the sub, using the outputs on the back of the head unit.
The head unit doesn't think I have a sub installed. When I go to the menu section for sub woofer level, it indicates N/A. Any idea why??

On a separate issue, I have to turn the key on and off twice before I can hear sound out of my speakers. When i turn on the key the first time, the head unit powers up and appears to be playing, however there is no sound. After cycling the power twice, it works fine. ?????? Can't figure it out.

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the OEM premium head unit?

Thanks,
:confused:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I actually had the SW issue when i installed my amp/sub. There are 3 stereo RCA outs on the premium audio: front, rear & sub. No signal came out from either rear or sub outs, even when i tried switching on the SW function from the menu. But everything worked fine when i plugged into front RCA outs. As for your power on issues, fortunately i haven't experienced any of those.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Because it has to power cycle twice it sounds like a bad unit and I would recommend getting it replaced.

To activate sub woofer control:

1. With car on and radio off press the MENU button until it lights up.
2. Use the knob to select sub woofer control
3. Press the knob to activate subwoofer control to ON

1 - 5 of 5 Posts