Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am a new member to the form and i am having a hard time trying to find a sunroof deflector for my 2011 xb 8.0 and i dont see any results. I found cheep ebay with 3m tape but my issue is my roof is wrapped in matte vinyl so it might damage it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
The only thing I can think of is to find out what aftermarket company made the sunroof for Scion and contact them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only thing I can think of is to find out what aftermarket company made the sunroof for Scion and contact them.
Webasto makes aftermarket sunroofs for xB. I saw one a dealer had installed on a base model. I think they might have quality issues with those devices, but since there is already a sunroof on RS8 maybe you could see if they also have accessories too.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have thought about getting one also. My suggestion would be to just line it up and just trim away the exact shape of the deflector. Its gonna cover it up anyway.

Zinger, sunroof is a factory standard on the rs8.

I did have a '08 base that had a webasto sunroof on it. Pos. The 'timing' was always off and needed to be reset. Never closed right.It

·
Registered
979 Posts
Zinger, sunroof is a factory standard on the rs8.
I know the rs8 came with a factory sunroof (jealous :) ). I was just suggesting that instead of designing and building a sunroof from scratch, maybe Toyota/Scion bought one from a reputable sunroof manufacturer (like using Pioneer radios). If it was stock from another company, maybe they have parts and accessories. I don't know how to find out who their sunroof supplier might have been though.

·
Registered
845 Posts
bought a universal 38" didn't work out. I just might have to go with one with 3mm tape which blows!
It won't mess up your wrapped roof. I wrap cars for a living and have removed badges that go back on the wrap with 3M tape and it doesn't lift the vinyl at all. If anything the wrap will need to be replaced before you have issues with the deflector needing to be removed. If you are unsure, just run a razor blade through the 3M tape like you are filleting a fish. Then rub the remainder off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.