Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
It'd look good w/ the right combo of wheels.

My only concern would be if 15" would have clearance for the brakes and calipers. 16s are pretty tight already. The stock steelies are 16x6.5.
When I hit a curb in a parking lot (avoiding a head-on crash), I got a steelie in ebay from somewhere in Texas. It was 16x6.5, but off a different source vehicle than ours (shown by having the holes on one side smaller than the holes on the other). Those wheels cleared the front, but not the rear calipers. So, I had to get a stock one to replace it from another source (making SURE it was Toyota this time).

I'm looking at 16x7 w/ 225/50/16 rubber (stock is 205/55/16-> the overall diameter for those is the same).

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Aljay said:
I too was looking at 225/50/16s I love sams for comparing tires side by side.
I AM running 225/50/16 BF Goodrich G-Force Sports now. I LOVE them. Plus, they look "beefy" on there. I like that. It was precisely what I was going after.
They are on the 6.5" steelies, so they DO fit on a rim that narrow.
(I'll take picts some time. I just need to remember it when I have the time . . .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.