Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this from other sites and I'm not sure if this already talked about here, but I would like to let my fellows info about this. It's not a real recall, but it sure affect some earlier models.

The original poster is RC-PILOT from SL.

====================================================

OK, I went to work and pulled this up from ALLDATA in the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) section for the 08 XB. Seems the problem part is the whole eng harness and they have changed it for the 09 & up...

S-SB-0050-08
November 12, 2008
M.I.L. "ON" DTC P0101, P0172, P035 #, P2237 or P2238
Service Category
Engine/Hybrid System

Section
Engine Control

Market
USA

Applicability
Introduction
Some 2008 - 2009 model year xB vehicles may exhibit a M.I.L. "ON" with one of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs):
^P0101 - Mass Air Flow Circuit Range / Performance Issue
^P0172 - System Too Rich
^P035 # - Ignition Coil '# ' Primary / Secondary Circuit
^P2237 - Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Pumping Current Circuit / Open
^P2238 - Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Pumping Current Circuit Low

An improved engine wire harness has been developed and implemented in production to address this condition. Use the following repair procedure to diagnose and repair customer complaint vehicles.
Production Change Information

This TSB applies to vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown.

Parts Information

Warranty Information
APPLICABLE WARRANTY
^This repair is covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date.
^Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's specific complaint.

Required Tools & Equipment
Additional TIS Techstream units may be ordered by calling Approved Dealer Equipment (ADE).
Repair Procedure
1.Using TIS Techstream check for stored DTCs.
2.Verify one of the following DTCs is present.
^P0101
^P0172
^P035 #
^P2237
^P2238
NOTE If other DTCs are present along with any of the DTCs listed above, this TSB does NOT apply. Follow Repair Manual procedures to diagnose those DTCs.

3.Follow Repair Manual procedure to inspect the DTC-related component(s).

Refer to the Technical Information System (TIS) applicable model year Scion xB Repair Manual:
4.If the DTC-related component(s) is within Repair Manual specifications replace the engine wire harness.
5.After replacing the engine harness clear DTCs and verify that no DTCs reset. Then warm vehicle to operating temperature and test drive to verify repair.

TSB # S-SB-0050-08 November 12, 2008

This TSB applies to vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown below.

AUTOMATIC TRANS VIN# JTLKE50E*91067111
MANUAL TRANS VIN# JTLKE50E*91067112

====================================================

I think if your VIN # is less than what it said above, you should contact your dealer for a service as soon as possible.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I've only got 1,000 miles left before I cross 36,000 . . .
Hope it doesn't pop up after that time in mine. So far, so good.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Stuff like this drives me crazy!!!!! When a company knows that there is a problem with a part, but doesn't know which parts are defective, then they should stand up and replace those parts at no charge for longer than the warranty period!!!!

If it fails within 3yrs/36k warranty that's OK????? If it fails after that you have to hope and pray that they will do the right thing by the loyal customer stinks!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
dont i deserve the same quality car as the guy who bought a 09 xb?
this is what makes me mad at toyota,10-15 years ago they would have fixed this issue without blinking a eye-now they say screw you we got your money

also have to wonder how much service issues wil be ignored to save some money because of what these recalls cost them-

now they are being acused of burning paperwork and covering up a recall a few years ago

toyata deserves no trust right now-

maybe a class action lawsuit would wake them up-i also have the clunker auto trans they refuse to deal with-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im haivn this same problem but mine wil come on one day and go away the next.... do you think that its the same thing? And when I tell the dealership they say to bring it in, but by the time I get scheduled (usually a week later) its off by then and they wont do nething

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.