Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a clue on what would cause the XB2 instrument panel "door open" indicator to stay on even when all the doors are closed?

I can manually lock the doors with one of the door locks but it won't lock with the key fob. Even with the doors manually locked, the insrument panel "door open" light still stays on.

It is most likely the rear "hatch" door but I can't find a door switch. Anyone knows how the the door open circuit works on the rear "hatch" door?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The hatch will set off that light. Double check it's actually closed before any disassembly,. I've over packed the rear before and caused it to catch, but still not be full closed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Easy way to tell if it is the hatch or a door trigger is to look at the dome light and hatch light. They are on seperate circuits so when the hatch is open the light in the hatch will be on, if it is a door the dome light on the roof will be on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.