Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Qtower rack and installed it today, and I've order the Bow DOwn for my kayak. Has anyone used this system and added a basket as well? I'm guessing I'd be stuck with the Basket Case (I'd prefer a load warrior).

Has anyone fit both? or know if they fit on 58" bars?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
You should be able to mount the Bow Down ( Yakima Racks & Carriers › Shop › Water › Top › BowDown ) to the top of the Load Warrior ( Yakima Racks & Carriers › Shop › Cargo › Gear Baskets › LoadWarrior ) . The basket's design specifically has that feature. You will need to make sure you can reach the top and that it won't stick too high in the air for your area.

You should love your Yakima rack. I'm amazed at the versatility and how many variety of loads it has enabled me to use- even with minimal accessories. The Raptor bike racks (won 2 cheap on ebay that had severe paint flake on the aluminum trays- as is aluminum, I'm not worried about it one bit) work well with kids' bikes-> where the front wheel is rather hard to remove without taking more time than they want to allow. If you face one forwards and one backwards, you can fit 2 beside a Basketcase and use it. I have.

Whenever I get a bigger basket, I am still undecided between a Loadwarrior w/ extension or a Megawarrior with or without extension.
These are actually VERY practical, plus they DO work for boats/canoes: Yakima Racks & Carriers › Shop › Rack Systems › Accessories › LoadStop
They are the original canoe/boat design, which was renamed and kept being sold when the design got replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.