Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, my back brakes are squealing. I'm thinking it's time to upgrade. Are CVDB (cross ventilated drilled brakes) worth it? I've heard no- I've heard yes. Then why do all the big boy cars have them? When I'm smoking a Hyundai sonata and have to slow down - would cross drilled be better? ( And don't give me that do your research crap- I want the opinion of xBers that have them or are considering) Tyvm

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can imagine, they are good to dissipate heat. Upgrading the size of the front brakes and making them all 4 cross drilled and slotted won’t hurt. I’m pretty hard on brakes and I have the 2011 TC front rotors which are bigger than the stock XB. But the rear there isn’t really a size upgrade available. I pretty much stop on a dime. It also helps my wheels are heck of a lot lighter than even the stock set. That helps improve braking by reducing rotating mass, which also improves braking performance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can imagine, they are good to dissipate heat. Upgrading the size of the front brakes and making them all 4 cross drilled and slotted won’t hurt. I’m pretty hard on brakes and I have the 2011 TC front rotors which are bigger than the stock XB. But the rear there isn’t really a size upgrade available. I pretty much stop on a dime. It also helps my wheels are heck of a lot lighter than even the stock set. That helps improve braking by reducing rotating mass, which also improves braking performance.
Thanks for the information- now I have something to consider- Tc brakes? Awesome upgrade- Will do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts