Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheather your xB was used or you just bought it (as in my case) there had to have been a time that the one thing you have tried to prevent by parking it at the most further spaces from the store, going slow over speed bumps and the such. Well this past weekend backing up out of my driveway where my entrance is a little steep after one month it happend. :mad: Nobody's fault but my own I turned the wheel just enough to scrape the right hand underside of the front bumper. You really have to look hard to see it if standing in front. I am going to order the factory touch up paint and see if that will help.
Anyone else want to share thier first ding scrape story:cry:?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Noticed a door ding in the front fender about 2 weeks after I bought my xB.

My son dragged something out of the cargo area and scratched the top of the bumper. I immediately bought the rubber bumper protector. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
My First Scratch Happened Firday..... I was driving to work in the Rain, and ran through a Puddle (Not a large one at all) on the freeway.... There was something nasty in it and it bent the right front rim, and Punctured the tire sidewall, and bent a bunch of parts underneath the car.... all the way to the rear suspension.... I'm waiting for the Insurance folks to call me, as I write this post.... Gotta get this thing in the shop and get it fixed.... I don't know if they can truly fix it correctly.... It bent some stuff pretty bad, and I'll probably end up trading this one in for something else after the repairs are done. A Single Car Accident is not gonna look great on the insurance costs next year either.

This Sux.

·
Registered
152 Posts
following up - The undercarriage on these things is not constructed to handle a beating.... that's certain.

I've driven through the area where the damage occurred a few times, and can only find a possibility of what I hit/ran over.

Apparently, another vehicle had lost control and hit the barriers on the freeway. These are the kind that are temporary barriers, for construction purposes. They are secured together at the bottom, with a "C" channel piece of heavy steel, galvanized stuff.... Evidently, the other car that had lost it, sheared one of those plates off the joint and left it in the puddle I ran through.... Where I hit it and it took out my tire and wheel. I remember the car lifting a lot when I felt the impact. I figure that was me being launched by the steel chunk as it was slung upward by the impact and rotating wheel....

I haven't been filled in YET on the damage to the front suspension, but the rear end was Hurt.... There's a "Stretcher" in front of the rear Swing arm that attaches across from left to right.... it's basically a piece of round tubing with formed ends that bolt straight up.... Bent the end of that and the mount.

The swing arm had been bent at the spring cup for the right rear spring.... enough that the bend separated the paint from the steel.... chipped away as body damage would break/chip paint on a creased dent.

There was a significant dent in the "frame rail" under the Passenger front seat.

The adjuster gave me a check for 512 bux..... can you say Supplement? What a Goofball that guy was. Sadly he has a job while many more ept people are unemployed.

Stay tuned for final Costs on this thing. There was ZERO Body Damage, and ZERO physically detectable misalignment.... without instrumentation. But I do know it didn't sound right after I changed the tire and drove to work..... Didn't feel right either. we'll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.